2020 Safety Protocols
- All athletes should be screened daily prior to the event for COVID-19 symptoms. All persons who enter the venue will undergo temperature checks and answer a series of health questions
Thursday & Friday (9am - 11am) in the lobby located outside the practice room
Saturday (5pm - 7pm) in the lobby located outside the practice room
- Everyone will be required to wear a mask and maintain a safe social distance at all times. The exception is when athletes are on the mat for the match or during warm up. All interviews will take place at a safe distance.
- Before and after stepping onto the mat surface, athletes will disinfect their shoes/feet with either a disinfectant shoe pad or wipes.
- Extra gloves, masks, hand sanitizer will be available on site.
- All mats (including practice mats) will be sanitized between each use.
- Mat Officials should be screened prior to the event for COVID-19 symptoms
Upon entrance to the venue Mat Officials will undergo temperature checks and answer a series of health questions Saturday (5pm - 7pm) in the lobby located outside the practice room
- Mat Officials are required to regularly sanitize before and after each match.
- Mat Officials are required to wear face shields, face masks, gloves, and maintain social distancing during the match.
- If using three (3) – person mechanics, officials should maintain proper social distancing at all times while stationed at the scoring tables. We recommend a computer scorer sit on one end and the chairman on the other end of the table. Camera Operator should be stationed in a chair six (6) ft. away from the scoring table and mat.
- If using one (1) – person mechanics, table help should still practice social distancing at the scoring tables.
- Before and after stepping onto the mat surface, officials are required to disinfect their shoes with either a disinfectant shoe pad or wipes.
- Mat Officials should conduct a visual inspection of both athletes before the match.
- Mat Officials should signal match winners by raising the correct color of their own arm band.
- Mat Officials should not partake in any pre-match and post-match handshakes between athletes, coaches…etc.