Create a free account to unlock this article!
Already a subscriber? Log In
USA Wrestling has released the Olympic Team Trials procedures for next year, confirming a number of important things.
Among the most important one:
- Penn State will host the Trials April 4-5, 2020
- Non-Olympic weight world medalists will receive a bye to the semifinals of the challenge tournament
- Olympic weight medalists will once again receive byes to the finals
- Wrestlers who qualify the weight but don't medal at worlds will get the 1 seed at Trials
- The "last chance qualifier" for the Olympics will be in Sofia, Bulgaria from April 30-May 3
The list of ways to qualify, along with the procedures as a whole, are posted below.